Suspension and steering ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with finding a nice set of control arms? Maybe tubular ones that will allow me to slam it later on. I got a balljoint that is ready to fail and all my bushings are shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I think I have decided to bitte the bullet and by the DJM complete 4/6 kit that comes with both upper and lower control arms and utilizes the stock springs. The kit is on sale right now, original price is $880 and its only $711 right now. However I just put a large down payment on a new house. If the closing goes as planned then I will order the kit next week.

Reaction score
Well, do the DJM drop... if you can, get a thicker sway bar if your gonna be running the snot out of it.. better shocks.
If your serious about a performance style rear, Just do a KP 4 link.. its an easy bolt on, and if you bag it in the future you can get the rear canti that bolts right on to it. If keeping a true center is a concern, the best thing out there is the Watts link.. You can also get it as a simple bolt on. Theres vids on Youtube of the watts link in action while someones ripping thru gears :) it keeps a dead center regardless of how hard your driving. but if you run a KP4 you will have to run coil overs or something. To install involves removing the leaf spring, and grinding off the rivets to the front spring hanger as the KP will use those holes to bolt in its link bar bracket, other end is a simple plate that mounts to the axle just like the leaf spring did. Watts link comes with longer bolts for the diff cover, just remove old bolts, and then bolt on watts link using same holes and new bolts.. Side brackets bolt onto the frame. All simple, but not very cheap. if you KNOW for sure your going to bag it in the future, you may want to consider a Wishbone link setup. it will involve welding.. But it kills two birds with one stone for way le$$.. You also have to run coil overs or something... You could always go ahead and bag the rear, set them up like air shocks by using a schrader valve ..lol Then when the time comes to bag it your already partially done :) Just some ideas... Hopefully it helps

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So im new to lowering so this may be a stupid question. Will the djm 4/6 interfere with the 4 link? If I bag the truck it wont be for many years. Im rebuilding the suspension first with the djm kit, then its getting a new motor and paint. This will all take a few years.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Yeah those two kits would not work together. Reason being the djm is a flip kit that utilizes the leaf springs, the four link gets rid of the leafs altogether

Sent from the big block!

Reaction score
If its not being bagged for years, just stay with the DJM drop.. Theres no telling what new ideas or products will be out years from now.. :)

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats what im thinking. Should have money for kit tomorrow but wont have time to or space to do it for some time.