SuperSteer SS170

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbrannon79

Reaction score
Any updates on these steering idler arm brackets? I keep searching for other mfg's but keep coming up empty. I almost want to find someone localy try making something using the shaft out of my old one.

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any updates on these steering idler arm brackets? I keep searching for other mfg's but keep coming up empty. I almost want to find someone localy try making something using the shaft out of my old one.
kryptonite said they are hoping by the end of the year,im sure more email's will show kryptonite there is demand for them,they just added sway bar endlinks for gmt400 and a few months ago a dampner bracket for pisk kit's

dbrannon79

Reaction score
I was actually looking at the SS175 and how it mounts. wondering if the taper end shaft has the same dimensions where a steel plate could be made similar to how it mounts on the trucks it's made for would allow it to be a viable option. the SS175 is meant to fit most 99-06 trucks from looking at their site.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm not into doing much modification on steering components, but if you look closely at the second pic I sniped from their site, you'll notice a steel bracket fastened to the frame. I would have to get my hands on one myself to see if it's even possible to line it up in the same position as the original, but if might be worth a try.

Amazon shows one on thier site for the same price which can be ordered to see if it will work. if not they have a 30 day return policy with no questions asked.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I emailed them and this is reply.

…..permanently……at this point. :Insane:
Of course. I'm finally getting some money set aside to rebuild the front ends on both of my trucks and this happens.
Wonder why they decided to pull the plug on them? There's got to be plenty of demand?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course. I'm finally getting some money set aside to rebuild the front ends on both of my trucks and this happens.
Wonder why they decided to pull the plug on them? There's got to be plenty of demand?
No idea why, I’m thinking the one I got last April must’ve been one of the last. I’d get in touch with Kryptonite and see what their schedule is. The SS1170 was expensive, Kryptonite looks like good stuff too, but they REALLY ratchet up the price on their sh*t.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about the pro forged? I realize it’s not the bomb proof unit the super steer is, but they are $75...

This isn't the hardest part in the world to replace and don't need to get an alignment afterwards. To me unless you are doing stuff you should probably have a solid axle for, a pro forged is probably good. Oh and don't expect it to last 200k miles and replace once in a while. Most of these trucks by the time they get to us are on 25+ year old suspension components that have either never been replaced, or replaced with cheap junk.

The Kryptonite one I'm sure will be great but I bet a guy could buy 4+ of the proforged for the price of one of them.

At least, that is my thinking.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about the pro forged? I realize it’s not the bomb proof unit the super steer is, but they are $75...

This isn't the hardest part in the world to replace and don't need to get an alignment afterwards. To me unless you are doing stuff you should probably have a solid axle for, a pro forged is probably good. Oh and don't expect it to last 200k miles and replace once in a while. Most of these trucks by the time they get to us are on 25+ year old suspension components that have either never been replaced, or replaced with cheap junk.

The Kryptonite one I'm sure will be great but I bet a guy could buy 4+ of the proforged for the price of one of them.

At least, that is my thinking.
I would take a chance on the ProForged. I also put their Idler and Pitman in my truck with 68k on it, so when I put the SS1170 in, I have no regrets at all, I feel my truck is worth it. There’s no one size fits all here. I personally prefer a once and done over putting it in 4 times though.