Suggestions for a drop kit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am a fan of Western Chassis parts. I've had several trucks lowered with their stuff with no complaints.
Both of my current 98's below are lowered using all Western Chassis parts with the exception of shocks.
I am running Doetsch Tech shocks on both trucks. The WC shocks were too soft for my liking.

Both of these are a 5/6 drop.
You must be registered for see images attach

I know I have said this before in other threads but man I love your trucks! Where my inspiration started.

Would there be any reason why a extended cab kit would be different than a reg cab? Other than perhaps a relocation for the carrier bearing? Quite a price difference in the ones labeled extended cab.

Im no expert, as I will be lowering my first truck here soon(waiting to get off these damned shifts), but from researching you will need a carrier bearing spacer when you lower a ECSB. RCSB don't need one.

Glad to hear that you are moving in the right direction!

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't done the rear yet with the kit I bought. Looking at what is on there now by the previous owner it looks like they just replaced the shackles for what I assume is approx 4" drop. It doesnt have a flip kit or anything and all the springs seem there. I like the rear height so I might just leave it as it with the addition of the c-notches because the axle is closer to the frame than I like.

So I really need to evaluate whats on there and will def get the pinion and carrier bearing correction if needed.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't done the rear yet with the kit I bought. Looking at what is on there now by the previous owner it looks like they just replaced the shackles for what I assume is approx 4" drop. It doesnt have a flip kit or anything and all the springs seem there. I like the rear height so I might just leave it as it with the addition of the c-notches because the axle is closer to the frame than I like.

So I really need to evaluate whats on there and will def get the pinion and carrier bearing correction if needed.

Check the leaf springs. They PO could have just installed 4" drop leafs. That's what I am about to do. I don't think you would get 4" of drop with just shackles.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe you can only get 2" with shackles and even with that your springs will be just about hitting the bed floor.