Suburban Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been struggling with deciding which one of my vehicles will be sold for a while now. Right now I am leaning on keeping the suburban and selling the gtp. I hate cars and the burb is so clean that it would kill me to sell it even though it is not my ideal vehicle.

The one big issue that I have with it is the ride. I love the 2wd suspension in a straight line but it has so frigging much body roll I feel like I should be leaning into the corners. I think there is a picture of it in the dictionary next to the word land yacht.

I already have decided on 2" drop shackles to level it out, and I know wider tires would help but the tires on there now are brand new.

What can I do to help the land yacht feel like a bass boat?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah bigger sway bar's with poly bushing's and some stiff shock's will help a lot with body roll.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bigger swaybars will be your best bet along with some polyurethane bushings, but no matter what you do to a Suburban, it will always handle like a yacht. There is a HUGE amount of steel and glass way up in the air over the rear of these things. I put some 2" Hotchkis springs on the front of mine (along with shackles and hangers in the rear). The springs made a great improvement in the bodyroll, but the thing still sways like the Titanic.