Sub problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
OK guys I didn't Wana make a thread but I'm out of ideas. I don't know what's wrong I'm getting nothing from the amp to the subs this amp is less than a day old and is doing the same thing the other amp did that was only 3 months old. Mind you it worked fine and just all the sudden stopped working one day. The power ground and signal wires are all good (I think). I'm not sure about the rcas I tried plugging in an rca cord from the headphone jack on my phone and still nothing I'm out of ideas! On the bright side I have 2 like new amps I guess haha

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'll throw in some pics of my frustration
You must be registered for see images

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
It looks like the amp is powered up, so try a different set of RCA cables.
If that's not it, then try a different set of RCA outputs on the head unit (if there's more than two RCA outputs).
You may want to check the settings on the head unit also. The "sub out" feature may have inadvertently been shut off (if it has that feature).

Good luck!

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is that little jumper wire on one of the terminals? Since you're using red colored cables.... it's the "right" +12v terminal. Is that the amp remote-on wire?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
It looks like the amp is powered up, so try a different set of RCA cables.
If that's not it, then try a different set of RCA outputs on the head unit (if there's more than two RCA outputs).
You may want to check the settings on the head unit also. The "sub out" feature may have inadvertently been shut off (if it has that feature).

Good luck!
I tried a different Set of cables still nothing and there's only one set so I'm guessing it might be the head unit
Is the sub making any noise at all while amp is powered? A faint hum or anything?
Nope nothing
What is that little jumper wire on one of the terminals? Since you're using red colored cables.... it's the "right" +12v terminal. Is that the amp remote-on wire?
The left is the ground middle is the turn on wire and right Is the power

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get a headphone to male rca adapter and plug your phone directly into the amp via the rca. Run the remote wire either from the constant 12v or from the deck if it is actually working.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
OK guys I didn't Wana make a thread but I'm out of ideas. I don't know what's wrong I'm getting nothing from the amp to the subs this amp is less than a day old and is doing the same thing the other amp did that was only 3 months old. Mind you it worked fine and just all the sudden stopped working one day. The power ground and signal wires are all good (I think). I'm not sure about the rcas I tried plugging in an rca cord from the headphone jack on my phone and still nothing I'm out of ideas! On the bright side I have 2 like new amps I guess haha

Get a headphone to male rca adapter and plug your phone directly into the amp via the rca. Run the remote wire either from the constant 12v or from the deck if it is actually working.
Haha I tried that