Sub problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Is there a way to tell of I'm getting g anything out of the amp.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
OK there's no continuity through the subs either one of them so does that mean they're blown?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Woooooooow they're like 4 months only that's great yah I pulled them out of the box and checked thwm

scotttick

WHO ME?
Reaction score
Check the subs coils with a DMM. they should be either 2 ohm or 4 ohm (resistance check). If they check good then put the DMM on VAC with the music going and you should see the reading go all over the place. If subs show greater than 4 ohms I would say they are toast, if they show less than 1.5 ohms, it's quite possible they are shorted. Make sure you check each coil independently (unwired) so another coil doesn't interfere with your reading.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
They're svc and they are reading overload on resistance check. I hooked a small speaker to the amp and it played but was not loud I figured the amp would blow the small speaker right away but the speaker seemed to handle it Fine