Sub for '90 standard cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like WAY more than I am looking for, but I would love to see some pictures of that setup. very nice looking truck!

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
I had a probox for 2 full size 12s in my old 91 gmc. I could slide it all the back an it wouldn't hit the seat. The fabric backing was loose an it would hit that. But never had an issue with the box being in there

Sent from the legion of doom

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Never seen, or have heard that one
That looks pretty good for a plug & play model, though. It's a brand name, so that accounts for something.
Plus, it's got 2 outputs for another set of speakers. (3ch. amp)
It's not gonna be able to irritate the neighbourhood, but it will fill in the lower end, probably quite nicely.
But speakers are personal. What sounds good to me, may not to the next guy. That's one of the probs of buying speakers without hearing them first.
For $160.00, & free shipping, I would think that that's a pretty good addition to a budget system.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Don't know if I have before, but I'd like to thank gmcyukondriver for the specs on the box for the slim-line. I hate woodwork, (prefer steel!) & I never would of attempted building a box without his specs for that. It work out very well!

You're welcome, Al! Glad to be of some help around here (finally, lol). I didn't know you'd actually made it. You should post up some pics. I did all the measuring and calculations for internal volume, but my dad was the one who did most of the actual construction work on it. He's done a TON of woodworking and is pretty good at it. I'm still trying to learn, haha. Glad it worked out for you, though.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Not a fan of 12's. At least not for the music I listen to. I prefer a 10" in a 2ohm flavor.
But that sub will probably pump nice! It can handle a fairly big amount of power!

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just finished installing a Kicker BassStation today. It went in easy, (hardest part was fishing the harness under the carpet), and it looks and sounds great. It even matches my interior. It has a built-in 200 watt amp and that is more than enough for that standard cab. The way it fits, you would think it was custom made for my truck. Very happy!