stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Looks sharp. Hows it drive? What motor?
Glides down the road. Quiet. Everything works.
It's got the inline 4
3.5 v6 actually. It's peppy but it has no top end whatsoever. Wish it was an R/T or better yet an SRT. But that would not have been in my price range. So I'll deal with the v-6.

Window tint and fire Dept stuff is first on the to do list.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

2 Sweet

Oozing Machismo
Reaction score
That 454SS is only an hour away from me. I'm very tempted to call about it. There's gotta be some reason why he's parting it out. He really thinks it's worth more to part it than to sell it how it currently sits? That doesn't make sense to me.

Also, I came across this truck on my way home from work a couple days ago. The paint/clear on the hood is faded, but the rest of the truck looks awesome. No rust whatsoever. Owner is asking $4500. I wish I had the money.....

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
If someone on here buys that truck, (the SS 454) We want pics and a build thread
I so wish I could! All I'd do with it is put it back to stock, nothing special. Clean it up, re-paint the whole thing, etc. etc. Wouldn't lower it or nothing, just stock will do it for me.

That 454SS is only an hour away from me. I'm very tempted to call about it. There's gotta be some reason why he's parting it out. He really thinks it's worth more to part it than to sell it how it currently sits? That doesn't make sense to me.

Also, I came across this truck on my way home from work a couple days ago. The paint/clear on the hood is faded, but the rest of the truck looks awesome. No rust whatsoever. Owner is asking $4500. I wish I had the money.....

Aw man! That is a killer truck! That's what I was going to paint my truck before I decided on going with a solid blue.

What year is it? I be damned if it were a 98... Hell, it looks practically identical to mine when I bought it back in 2014, except mine had the pewter at the bottom, Dee Zee running boards, gold bowtie, and no tonneau cover. Iit's even got the silver pinstripe like mine had. Wow, but that trucks look a 1000 times better than mine was.

It's cool to see trucks that age in that nice of shape! :D

But yeah I don't get what that guy is thinking, that truck ain't worth more parting it out, it's worth more put together! Sure if it were a regular truck, then yes, it would be worth more parting it out, but not a 454SS...

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Just found a 97 Stepside 350/blown 4L60E for $950 on FB classified...I'm so tempted.

Typical rust holes in the cab corners and a couple of spots on the rockers, but other than that and it needing a transmission it's fairly mint.
Get it man! That is cheap!

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glides down the road. Quiet. Everything works. 3.5 v6 actually. It's peppy but it has no top end whatsoever. Wish it was an R/T or better yet an SRT. But that would not have been in my price range. So I'll deal with the v-6.

Window tint and fire Dept stuff is first on the to do list.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit
As a guy with a 2.2l s10, I can appreciate buying what's practical.