Stranded

• Thread starter kenneth j hanawalt
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ha! got a gravel story for ya.
Several years ago I had to retrieve my girls Honda from her ex house.
Had it all planned, found a kid with balls and a roll off.
We are just gonna swoop on in and snag that car and split.
Her ex is 6'8" professional landscaper.
Im a pretty big guy, but I aint that big.
We roll on up, slide on in..
And I dropped the friggen key in the gravel.
On a grey overcast Northwest day.
We got the car out. I found the key while the tow truck kid held him off by swinging a chain binder.
So, Kyle the tow truck guy, wherever you are
Yer a badass..
I’d pay to see that happen, lol.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It
I’d pay to see that happen, lol.
It was awesome. Kyle the tow truck was about 5'10" and maybe 160 pounds
24 years old owned two trucks and just fearless.
The look he gave me when i lost the key is something ill never forget.
I gave him 200 more bucks for the job
100 for getting it done, another hundred for watching him swing that binder while saying "bring it on you bucket headed sasquatch ****, im gonna lay yer ass out in the dirt"
Totally worth it

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
It

It was awesome. Kyle the tow truck was about 5'10" and maybe 160 pounds
24 years old owned two trucks and just fearless.
The look he gave me when i lost the key is something ill never forget.
I gave him 200 more bucks for the job
100 for getting it done, another hundred for watching him swing that binder while saying "bring it on you bucket headed sasquatch ****, im gonna lay yer ass out in the dirt"
Totally worth it

The money I would pay to have seen this. :roflbow:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why GM moved it, too many ICM failures on TBI engines. One thing they got right, LOL.
Huh?

They moved it because they went to a cheaper, PLASTIC distributor housing, which doesn't conduct heat like aluminum.

The failure rate of GM HEI modules is very low. Aftermarket modules may or may not be made as well; and gorillas who install them may or may not apply a suitable amount of schlubba to the underside.

I still say that module failures--especially REPEAT module failures--are more due to the system the module is installed on--partially-failed ignition coils in particular.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Huh?

They moved it because they went to a cheaper, PLASTIC distributor housing, which doesn't conduct heat like aluminum.

The failure rate of GM HEI modules is very low. Aftermarket modules may or may not be made as well; and gorillas who install them may or may not apply a suitable amount of schlubba to the underside.

I believe the technical term is "schmoo".

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Less is more with heatsink compound. If you put that whole packet on there it would just squeeze out all over the place.

Wellllll... I guess I would rather have to much and have it ooze out all over ensuring 100% coverage than to little and risk having a hot spot. Well, if there is such a thing as "cool" with the enviroment the ICM lives in.

Ken

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
That's why GM moved it, too many ICM failures on TBI engines. One thing they got right, LOL.

So what would prevent that module from being moved? Extend the wires to any length needed and put the module on the back bumper if you want!

There has to be cooler spots under the hood. A larger, even finned, heat sink could be used.

Ken