Stompah's 1998 Suburban K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stompah

Reaction score
Stompah's 1998 Suburban K2500

Here is how she looked when I bought her.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Stompah

Reaction score
1st mod, tinted all the windows 35% and double tinted the front two.

Then some maintenance.

Swapped out the dying 1.5 year old Costco battery for an Optima yellow top. Mounted the dying Costco battery in the second battery tray to be replaced when I wire up a two battery setup.

Then I swapped out the yellowed so bad headlights that I could barely see at night for some new ones. Also swapped out the turn signals and corner lenses. Also swapped the low beams with HIR bulbs.

At the same time I wired up the 4-HI mod. I don't have the positive hooked up yet, I will finish the wiring when I finish the second battery install.

The grill has a few cracks here and there. I will replace it when I find a better junkyard one.

I also was chasing a coolant leak that I could not pinpoint. I was fearing that it was a head gasket.

One day I saw this and I knew it wasn't a head gasket.

But with the airbox and all of the hoses and fittings I still couldn't pinpoint it. Until I was adjusting the headlights and saw a fitting squirting coolant onto my header and plug wires.

I went to the dealer thinking it was just the y fitting. Good thing I bought both the y fitting and the t fitting that was there. As I was replacing the fallen apart y fitting the t fitting broke with barely any pressure on it.

Here are the remnants, I lost the rest of the y fitting somewhere.