Stock tweeter operation. Why won’t they work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robby_C_robs

Reaction score
1995 GMC Sierra k1500 SLE ext cab 2 door z71

Hello everyone sorry if this is a repeat question, I couldn’t find previous answers. I am trying to fix the wiring that was destroyed by the previous owner when an aftermarket radio was installed. The front speakers are hooked up and they work nicely but there is no sound from the tweeters.

I have tried following all the wiring and cannot find where they splice or where they connect. I have seen that they are supposed to splice in but can’t find it. The speakers work but not the tweeters.
Is there any way to test them? Can I test for signal somehow? What would be my best option?

Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Donald Roy

Reaction score
Might try looking at (the12volt.com)...they've got wire color codes and diagrams listed by make, model, and year.

I'm somewhat new to this forum, and hadn't found the wiring diagrams here yet....

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like going to order parts: " year, make, model, std option or upgraded premium options" . Alot of basic diagrams are similar, but upgrades change and wiring ID colors change from year to year. Alot of members have wiring diagrams but what year what model what option.

robby_C_robs

Reaction score
Like going to order parts: " year, make, model, std option or upgraded premium options" . Alot of basic diagrams are similar, but upgrades change and wiring ID colors change from year to year. Alot of members have wiring diagrams but what year what model what option.
Ok sorry new to the forum I updated it. I don’t know what was offered premium for this year

JimFixes

Reaction score
If memory serves the tweeters are fed by the same line as the main speaker and simpy use an inline cap to limit the freq that is sent to them, very simple old school setup.

Check to make sure that the wires to the tweeter are still there, if the previous elecchicken that cobbled that together cut the wires going up to the tweeters then that would obviously cause them to not work and since they have no direct line back to the head unit there is nothing missing there.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The left is tan(+) gray-)
The right is light green(+) dark green (-)

Mid and tweet share the same signal wire.

Last edited:

robby_C_robs

Reaction score
If memory serves the tweeters are fed by the same line as the main speaker and simpy use an inline cap to limit the freq that is sent to them, very simple old school setup.

Check to make sure that the wires to the tweeter are still there, if the previous elecchicken that cobbled that together cut the wires going up to the tweeters then that would obviously cause them to not work and since they have no direct line back to the head unit there is nothing missing there.
Ok thanks I appreciate it. Yea whoever did all the work before destroyed so much of the wiring. I’m trying to get it back to as stock as I can so it is easier to work with. They spliced in to the rear speakers in 3 spots. Why? I have no idea haha