sticky door handle..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the $700 'burb has given me a few headaches.. and now i noticed this. The passenger door opens fine from the out side but from the inside it wont open. Unless you give a lot of force right as you pull the handle. Any ideas?

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
The plastic clamps n gizmos inside the door are wornout/missing. Remove the door panel and take a lookyloo at whatz goin on. You'l figure it out purty quik.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
The metal handle might be starting to bend and break, its a really common problem, you can buy a replacement for around $25 at most autoparts stores.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
The metal handle might be starting to bend and break, its a really common problem, you can buy a replacement for around $25 at most autoparts stores.

The lever for the handle is bent. Very common problem.

Yep this, happened to mine shortly after i got it and like they said it is vary common for that handle to bend and then break...go ahead and replace it

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I would try to get a good one at a junk yard though. Most of the OEM stuff is better then the replacement stuff that you can get at autozone etc. Especially for door handles.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is doing this now.. do I have to pull the whole door panel off or just the handle area?

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
You gotta pull the whole panel off to get to the rivet holding the handle on, drill out the rivet or even use a hammer and small chisel. But the door panel is cake, just 2 screws in the padded pull handle, pull the little triangle mirror access panel, unhook the power window/locks connectors, or if you have crank windows, use a screw driver to push the clip out (be careful, sometimes the clip will fly out) then gently pull on the bottom of the door panel till one part un snaps, then try to pull only where each fastener is till the panel is loose. Word of advice, when reinstalling the panel, make sure all fasteners are aligned with their holes before trying to push the panel back in. If you need anymore help just ask or PM me, good luck.