Stepside bed damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha no problem. The seller is going to shoot me some pictures tomorrow of it. All I have of it right now is the following one -

You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry picture is so small - its from craigslist. The only problem is the shackles rusted away and the rear leaf spring made a hole in the bed floor. My fleetside bed did the same thing, and the holes are still there ..... so that is not a big problem for me.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry I havent gotten on to post pictures. I picked it up last weekend, then got hit with a nasty cold so I have been sick all week. The bed was in much better shape then I thought it would be, some of the supports underneath were the bolts screw into the bed were rusted away (which is nothing a piece of metal, welder, and a tap set can't fix). For $100 I am very happy ..... pictures follow ..

You must be registered for see images

By vipergtrdj at 2012-02-16

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As you can see, the only bad damage is the small holes were the leaf springs came through (which the metal is still solid so I may bend back into place and weld a plate underneath it for support). The front where the fiberglass is rubbed against is where the bed was riding on the cab. The truck had a broken frame, but it does not look as bad in person as in the picture.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
looks like a good body thats a easy fix just make sure you take care of that rust on the top lip its a common spot for these bodys to rot there

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks like a good body thats a easy fix just make sure you take care of that rust on the top lip its a common spot for these bodys to rot there

Good to know. Right now it is just surface rust but I plan on fixing it before I put the bed on the truck. I am also doing a body lift when I swap the bed over.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Good to know. Right now it is just surface rust but I plan on fixing it before I put the bed on the truck. I am also doing a body lift when I swap the bed over.

sounds like a good plan and i see a lot of stepside bodys in this area that rot out right on top the where the fiber glass meets the metal and about 3-4 inches down from the top lip on the inside

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like a good plan and i see a lot of stepside bodys in this area that rot out right on top the where the fiber glass meets the metal and about 3-4 inches down from the top lip on the inside

Is there anyway to prevent this from happening again in the future? or what is a recommended step to fix this?