Steering Wheel Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I saw one at Pep Boys and it was only 60 bucks, so Im not expecting top quality, hows the one on your truck holding up?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's been in that truck about 8 years / 40K+ miles, and was in my blue '94 Suburban for about a year, and even in my '71 Impala convertible before that. :gr_grin: It's holding up great. Good quality for the money. I guess they've changed the name from Signature series to Collector's Edition or something like that. The wheel I have is #1130, $140 from Summit. Billet install kit is about $50, billet bowtie horn button is another $30ish.

Richard

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Grant Signature series are full wrap leather with billet spokes, and you can get a Chevy horn button, as well as the billet hub kit. They have a bunch of different styles in this series. I put the optional smooth billet button on mine to replace the black plastic "Grant" logo button.

You must be registered for see images attach

By the way the Grant 414 you originally posted is not a leather wheel. It's foam rubber with a vinyl coating; one of the cheaper wheels. I don't think they hold up nearly as well as the leather.

Richard

I ran this same wheel for many years (and at least 200k miles) in my 93, but in grey. Its a Grant 1131 (in grey). I did the chevy logo in mine. When the leather finally gave out I had it recovered at an upholstery shop in grey suede and it is still going to this day in my sons truck. Heres a link to the wheel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grant-Colle...131-/331363992420?hash=item4d26d54364&vxp=mtr