Steering Wheel column spline size/ year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After doing some research, looks like i at least found the spline size by year.

1988-2002 1”-48 (1” spline diametre X 48 spline)

2003- current? 3/4-36 (3/4 diametre x 36 spline)

My 93 was able to take a 2000 steering wheel. Didnt have the space for a clockspring. Im still not against changing entire dash column out to get the spAce i need. But if i can get away with just changing the shaft i will yank it out. Just need to confirm what gm part number shaft i have vs a 95 & up.. then i can hunt for the next steering wheel of choice again.

Might seem like a lot of work for some.. but I like factory upgrades.. wiht a mix of factory Original vs factory newer.

My end goal is a Factory steering wheel with factory radio controls coupled to a newer touchscreen factory radio. You can buy them unlocked and they fit right in a double din unit,

may be expensive but this is my hobby soooo onward we go!,,

LSstepside96

Reaction score
jus10inbrla I'm with you on the factory original upgrades, is there a way you can get the clock spring to work with the 2000 steering wheel with out upgrading the shaft? I'm looking to buy a 2002 wheel and would like it to work like the factory.

Last edited:

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
jus10inbrla I'm with you on the factory original upgrades, is there a way you can get the clock spring to work with the 2000 steering wheel with out upgrading the shaft? I'm looking to buy a 2002 wheel and would like it to work like the factory.

Thats what im going to try... im remodeling my house rite now so its on backburner. But it definitely looks like with little ingenuity i can get it