Steering question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gufnstuf

Reaction score
I got a set of 20" rims with 45 series tires and since I put them on if I turn the truck at low speed it feels like when turning the wheels are not turning equally. Kind wants to push. These are 10" rims but I don't go full lock cause they will hit the lower control arm I know. Put a tape on the tires and alignment is out 1/4 of an inch.. Any body got any experience with this?

Thanks

96 c1500

Reaction score
Could have slack from worn joints on the tie rods? Jack the front end up enough to get tires off the ground and lock the steering column, then with your hands move the wheels left and right. If you can, then they are worn out. Or have a friend wiggle the steering wheel left and right just enough to feel pressure each dirrection without turning the tires, and look under at the tie rods and see how much of each one moves before it actually moves the wheel. Pretty sure they are worn.. and getting wider rims would make it more noticable.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Could have slack from worn joints on the tie rods? Jack the front end up enough to get tires off the ground and lock the steering column, then with your hands move the wheels left and right. If you can, then they are worn out. Or have a friend wiggle the steering wheel left and right just enough to feel pressure each dirrection without turning the tires, and look under at the tie rods and see how much of each one moves before it actually moves the wheel. Pretty sure they are worn.. and getting wider rims would make it more noticable.

what he said ^^^ wider wheels will exaggerate the problem. be safe and get everything checked out.