Steering parts improvement question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChromedZ71

Reaction score
I have a 1998 GMC K1500 with the Vortec 350 and the Z71 offroad package. I need to replace a couple steering components but as I am going to be putting a 6-8" lift in within the next couple months I figure maybe I will replace all the steering components.

My question is:

Is there any high performance/high strength components (similar to kryptonite or cognito steering for duramaxs) that will fit my truck? Or am I basically stuck with Moog?

I may be running as large as 37" tires and will have a dual shock steering stabilizer. I'd like to upgrade all my steering to reduce chances of breaking tie-rods etc like so many of my buddys have done offroading with their IFS trucks.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
hmm nbs knuckle brake upgrade, heim tierods, dont use moog, mod or replace rag joint in steering, reload gear box, you only really need one stabilizer, pitman, idler, cognito idler brace.

or if you have money

astro van gear box and hydro assist.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
hmm nbs knuckle brake upgrade, heim tierods, dont use moog, mod or replace rag joint in steering, reload gear box, you only really need one stabilizer, pitman, idler, cognito idler brace.

or if you have money

astro van gear box and hydro assist.

where is the best place to get heim tierods?