Steering issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truck is a 98 Z71 5.7 K1500 215K

I have started to notice when driving on the highway at 70-75 MPH that if I start to slightly turn the wheel to the left it will start to stick a little and then all of a sudden release and the truck will have a slight jerk to the left. Don't really know where to start with this issue as I am new to this truck.

Basically if I have my hand at 12 on the steering wheel and my hand will get to about 11 and the steering wheel will stick and then release after a bit more turning pressure and my hand will go to about 930 with no input from me and then the truck will jerk to the left.

What should I look at for this issue?

Thanks for any help again I am new to this truck so if there is a better thread for this issue let me know as I searched and couldn't really find anything that seemed the same.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Wow! Those are crazy prices! up!
Yup! That kit'll work, but you may want to check the price on a complete line for a pre-EVO truck. That's a bolt in, & it won't have all of those connections which may (or may not!) start to leak over time. Just might be cheaper, too!

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Those are crazy prices! up!
Yup! That kit'll work, but you may want to check the price on a complete line for a pre-EVO truck. That's a bolt in, & it won't have all of those connections which may (or may not!) start to leak over time. Just might be cheaper, too!

and Pre evo is 96 and older correct?

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to ask another question but the line that the evo comes out of or leads to is that the high pressure side? just trying to confirm as it would be much cheaper for a new line then that kit it seems.

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
While going this route (doing away with the whole speed sensor system) is probably the best thing in the long run, I simply replaced my sensor. I think it was about $40 and 15 minutes and now I can drive freeway speeds without white knuckles. I have no idea how long the new sensor will hold up though as I've just had mine for a few hundred miles...