steering box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anybody replace thiers with a new/rebuilt one ? what did ya use and did it meke it nice and tight again? need one for my 97 k3500.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya I used one from napa a few weeks ago. It works good, my steering was good before though an I completely rebuilt my front end at the same time. The box doesn't have a lot of play though so I'd use one again...

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I'm planning on sending mine to PSC to get rebuilt and drilled for hydro assist. I've heard a lot of good things about PSC wether or not you use hydro assist. And it's not bad like $300 for the rebuild and drilling

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do they have exchang/core ? its my dd so its a one day swap deal.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes they do, at napa it was almost as much as the box itself. I took mine up there when I went to get the new one so I wouldn't have to pay it though....

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been planning on doing mine but i just keep putting it off, mine has alot of play will it really be a noticeable difference after ? everything else has already been replaced......Just not in a hurry to spend the money if its not gonna change by much........

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
It should be night and day difference. If being down is a problem do what I did. Buy a used steering box for dirt cheap and send it up to them so you can still drive in the mean time

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be night and day difference. If being down is a problem do what I did. Buy a used steering box for dirt cheap and send it up to them so you can still drive in the mean time

I was just going to pull it and swap it with a stock rebuild from Oriellys auto...

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
any tricks to bleeding it out or getting the wheel centered? if it makes any differance its a 454 k3500 so its got hydroboost.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the front tires off the ground go full left to right and back a couple of times, normally does the trick. As for getting wheel centered the pitman arm will only go on one way, its pretty simple.