Starting a swap soon with a couple of ?'s.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eiriktveiten

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been researching and have still come up empty on a few things. If you can help (not by telling to me to go buy an ls engine please) then please chime in. Here's what I got:

My truck: '95 Silverado 1500 2wd. 5.7 TBI auto trans. 252,800 miles (last 30k have been abusive) runs, drives every day

Donor car: '95 Camaro Z-28 5.7 LT-1 auto trans. 125,000 miles. (has bolt ons and stuff so Ill assume its been dogged some) runs, trans slips in higher gears.

I want to put the LT-1 in my truck. Ill freshen it up and maybe put a few things on it. I know all about the opti spark and the problems that come with it but I have this stuff and intend to use it. Plus if I get tired of the opti spark there are plenty of conversions out there. Anyways, I'm curious about the diff in the Camaro. Its a 10 bolt posi and my truck also has a 10 bolt but open diff. Are they interchangeable? Also, I'm familiar with wiring but would say my skill level is a 6 at best. Is the wiring for this swap out of my league? Any positive help would be appreciated and rewarded with lots of progress pics in my build page. Thanks for lookin!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I could help you out but I know how you feel on running the LT1. I will be starting the swap of a LT1/700R4 into a 1980 GMC Caballero Diablo this weekend.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bye Bye 305...
You must be registered for see images attach