Stainless steel brake lines.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been kind of looking to see how hard it really is to replace all of my brake lines. Was wondering if anyone knkws where i can get prebent stainless steel lines. Because my truck has been a midwest truck its whole life and just my luck i wood blow a line when i need them the most.
Sent from my camo'ed GS3

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I would also like more info on this. I know a few of you have done this before.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if we were to go with SS up front might it mess up on how our trucks brakes example braking to much up front??

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I wonder if we were to go with SS up front might it mess up on how our trucks brakes example braking to much up front??

The materiel won't effect it. Something like a change in shape or diameter would though.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've replaced all my lines on my truck last year when I blew the rear line right near the spare tire. I used Nickle-copper lines I got from Napa. Cost more than standard lines, not near as much as SS lines. They will not corrode, I find them to be 10X easier to flare as well. Since they are softer then standard and SS lines, if you have a small discrepancy in your doule flare, when you tighten down the line it will form to the fitting and seal better.

The only down side of these lines is that since they are soft, you need to be easier with "hand" bending. I used a small tube bender to do most of my bends limiting hand bending. the line will crimp pretty easily if you get too sloppy with it trying to make tight bends by hand.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've replaced all my lines on my truck last year when I blew the rear line right near the spare tire. I used Nickle-copper lines I got from Napa. Cost more than standard lines, not near as much as SS lines. They will not corrode, I find them to be 10X easier to flare as well. Since they are softer then standard and SS lines, if you have a small discrepancy in your doule flare, when you tighten down the line it will form to the fitting and seal better.

The only down side of these lines is that since they are soft, you need to be easier with "hand" bending. I used a small tube bender to do most of my bends limiting hand bending. the line will crimp pretty easily if you get too sloppy with it trying to make tight bends by hand.

So you bent all of your lines? About how long did it take for you to do so. Because it is my dd and i was hoping to just find remove and replace lines prebent already

Sent from my camo'ed GS3

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly, just order a set of new rubber lines and you'll be VERY happy. They will come with the correct sizes, last awhile and are pretty cheap.

SS lines are just for looks on our trucks, they won't improve brake feel.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you bent all of your lines? About how long did it take for you to do so. Because it is my dd and i was hoping to just find remove and replace lines prebent already

Sent from my camo'ed GS3

Sorry just saw this,

yes I bent all my lines, rear took me maybe an hour from the ABS module to the axle. The front was far more involved and took about 3 hours from the ABS module to the wheels. The drivers side was quick and easy, passengers took a bit more time.