Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
stock housing on left, Spyder on right......these two were with the bulbs that were in truck. my ol' lady was gonna bring me a sheet to hang up, but she got delayed and i didn't feel like waiting.......i'll take new pictures tomorrow........calibrated eyeballs.

i had to raise the right lens up a bit after i put it in...the truck is centered to the door and i backed onto some bricks to get this attitude.

You must be registered for see images attach

highs.....duh

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
From the pictures, it appears the highs are somewhat lower in the housing on the right. You might have to compromise a bit to get both high and low where they are usable.

It's hard to compare apples to apples, since the housing on the left is not an OE housing, it's an aftermarket Depo unit.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
From the pictures, it appears the highs are somewhat lower in the housing on the right. You might have to compromise a bit to get both high and low where they are usable.

It's hard to compare apples to apples, since the housing on the left is not an OE housing, it's an aftermarket Depo unit.

bingo! i was just going to reiterate that fact that got lost 100 pages ago, LMAO.......and the garage door is throwing my calibration device off......i'm gonna go out and tape a sheet on the door..... because i have it now(just got it) and maybe we'll see a little difference in the beam patterns without the grid it's on in these pictures skewing it a bit.

i have a batch more **** to go up too......

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i'm going to have to take better pics tomorrow at dusk....the camera isn't cooperating.....but forward we go.

these are what was in the truck to begin with.

high beam

low beam

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
this is what we swapped in......
Philips 9005 X-treemVision +100% high beam

Philips 9006 VisionPlus +60% low beam

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
and of course we clean them with....don't want our nice bulbs blowin up on us......or having a shorter life than they already do

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i don' own a camera anymore....all i have the Galaxy 6 phone. i have no clue if any adjustments can be made to work better in low light....or lots of light, depending how you look at it.

full dark out, low beam

high beam

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
The 9005 low beam that came out looks a bit shabby, the filament looks fuzzy.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
There's an Australian member here with an ex-ambulance with round headlights. I think I remember him mentioning what car used the same mounting. I've got it saved somewhere. Somewhere.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

i put up a sheet, but it's reflecting too much light back.....these were taken at 15 feet......i need to find a parking lot and building to get better pictures......but it's what i got for now.

low
G]
high