Speaking of HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I'm thinking of installing some on my truck. Folks say you shouldn't install them in the hi's because there is a slight "blackout" time when switching from low to hi beams. But I have the 4 hi mod done, would it be ok with this?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
no blackout time with 4 hi and I can get it on video to prove others may argue with me on this though...now it will still take a few seconds for your hi beams to get to full brightness though

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may want an upgraded harness... but yeah you should be fine... I got a tip from a friend that if you ziptie the high and low ballasts together, it keeps the highs warmer when not in use to minimize warmup time

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I tell you what I had to buy some hid harnesses for my car and they are the **** 8.75 it comes with a realy wired in all the plugs and wire and super clean. You will still need another relay for the for hi4 just throwing it out there......The reason for there not being a blackout with 4hi is the lows wont shut off when you hit the highs

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tell you what I had to buy some hid harnesses for my car and they are the **** 8.75 it comes with a realy wired in all the plugs and wire and super clean. You will still need another relay for the for hi4 just throwing it out there......The reason for there not being a blackout with 4hi is the lows wont shut off when you hit the highs
Yeah I'm def going with Mean's harness when I get around to ordering my HIDs

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
there is no way around not having a relay harness with the ***** dodge wiring hell I also had to capaciters to the relays because the wiring wasnt strong enough to hold relay open lol

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
If you have the 4hi mod, the only downside you'll have is that you won't be able to "flash" the high beams at other drivers.. Because the HIDs have that warm up time, by the time they warmed up, the car will have passed already

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have the 4hi mod, the only downside you'll have is that you won't be able to "flash" the high beams at other drivers.. Because the HIDs have that warm up time, by the time they warmed up, the car will have passed already

I had the on my 99 and took them off for this same reason