Speaker upgrade suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ Those are great little speakers. I've used them many times and used to recommend them a lot but I thought they were discontinued. Maybe clearing out old stock?

A plate speaker with a 4" woofer and separate tweeter will definitely sound better than an oval 4"x6".

I assume these are the door speakers? Are they a fairly straight forward install or do I have to cut things to make them fit?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I assume these are the door speakers? Are they a fairly straight forward install or do I have to cut things to make them fit?

Nope, these are for the dash in '94 and older trucks and the rear pillars in both interior styles. The door speakers in the '95+ trucks are 6.5" or 6.75".

Foos

Reaction score
Nope, these are for the dash in '94 and older trucks and the rear pillars in both interior styles. The door speakers in the '95+ trucks are 6.5" or 6.75".
I have a 94 and I would be much more likely to find a way to do door speakers than waste time with 4x6 speakers. I cant believe that no one has done this in a 94 era k1500

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 94 and I would be much more likely to find a way to do door speakers than waste time with 4x6 speakers. I cant believe that no one has done this in a 94 era k1500
They make kicker panels. I picked up q logic kosher panels for my 97, I think they make them for the older ones too

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Foos

Reaction score
The enclosures are $250 +. As I said I cant believe that no one has done a door install which cost nothing but your time and the cost of speakers. There must be room for a 6.5 in those huge doors.
You must be registered for see images attach

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Those Kicker speakers are only 90dB sensitivity.. That number is critical when purchasing a speaker to me, as the lower it is, the quieter the speaker will ultimately be when fed power. And with speakers, its kind of the law of diminishing return with power. Stepping up to 100 watts RMS from 10 doesn't net you ten times the output...... I recommend these plate speakers by Infinity, the best bang for your buck that you're going to get. https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Kappa-64CFX-Speaker-System/dp/B07657R646 Those clock in at 94dB sensitivity.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those Kicker speakers are only 90dB sensitivity.. That number is critical when purchasing a speaker to me, as the lower it is, the quieter the speaker will ultimately be when fed power. And with speakers, its kind of the law of diminishing return with power. Stepping up to 100 watts RMS from 10 doesn't net you ten times the output...... I recommend these plate speakers by Infinity, the best bang for your buck that you're going to get. https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Kappa-64CFX-Speaker-System/dp/B07657R646 Those clock in at 94dB sensitivity.
Thanks, I was lazy and didn't post a link.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Do they fit in the pillars well?