Speaker upgrade suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since I’ve bought this truck only one speaker works and it doesn’t work very well. And it’s very difficult to look cool when Van Halen is only blaring through one 26 year old speaker with no bass or any sort of clarity. I was thinking of just going with Kicker 4x6 all around cause they seem to be not bad and that’s better than what I’ve got lol, but since I know nothing about audio I’m very open to suggestions. I’m not looking for anything crazy or fancy, or to shake every car’s windows in a 5 block radius. Just decent sound quality. This is all for a 1994 regular cab truck.

Thanks in advance!

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since I’ve bought this truck only one speaker works and it doesn’t work very well. And it’s very difficult to look cool when Van Halen is only blaring through one 26 year old speaker with no bass or any sort of clarity. I was thinking of just going with Kicker 4x6 all around cause they seem to be not bad and that’s better than what I’ve got lol, but since I know nothing about audio I’m very open to suggestions. I’m not looking for anything crazy or fancy, or to shake every car’s windows in a 5 block radius. Just decent sound quality. This is all for a 1994 regular cab truck.

Thanks in advance!
I put infinity 4x6 speakers in the rear of my 97. They're really 4" speakers with a tweeter as well. They're really good, but very little bass response due to size. You can get a 12" alpine sub for cheap to fill in the lower frequencies if you'd like.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got Polk Audio speakers for my truck from Circuit City, when they were still alive, about 15 years ago IIRC. Still going strong. As @RawbDidlt said not much bass. I just bought a cheap Pyle low profile 150W powered sub which is plenty for me. Here's a recent picture - kind of dirty, ha ha.
You must be registered for see images attach

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got Polk Audio speakers for my truck from Circuit City, when they were still alive, about 15 years ago IIRC. Still going strong. As @RawbDidlt said not much bass. I just bought a cheap Pyle low profile 150W powered sub which is plenty for me. Here's a recent picture - kind of dirty, ha ha.
You must be registered for see images attach
Do you have any additional experience with Polk? Looking for some inexpensive options for my 2005 Tahoe.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have any additional experience with Polk? Looking for some inexpensive options for my 2005 Tahoe.
Not really, at the time they weren't all that inexpensive but had good ratings, at least from the salesman, ha ha. They do give good response and crisp highs.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not really, at the time they weren't all that inexpensive but had good ratings, at least from the salesman, ha ha. They do give good response and crisp highs.
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ Those are great little speakers. I've used them many times and used to recommend them a lot but I thought they were discontinued. Maybe clearing out old stock?

A plate speaker with a 4" woofer and separate tweeter will definitely sound better than an oval 4"x6".

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ The Kicker KS series are a solid choice too, and they do make a 4"x6". Not as sound quality oriented as the Polk and Infinity plate speakers, but the Kickers will have more bass for sure.