Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
truck looks sick man, how bad is your fuel economy with the lift and tires? thinking about bringing mine up, and im just trying to get an idea on everything

Dude, the truck does excellent on gas actually. For a 15 year old truck on 37's....it's damn good :imo: I got 16 mpg on a 6 hr trip on the highway while pulling my trailer @ about 75 mph..Now that I have 37's with 4.56's my RPM's have actually dropped a bit @ 75mph so Friday when I go to Alabama to get stuff done, I expect to get even better mileage than the 16mpg when I was on 35's. Who woulda thought bigger tires meant better fuel economy on the highway? I lost some take off torque but I gained top end speed and economy. It's ALL about the gearing you choose. 35's and 4.56's is great and it's great with 37's too.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That one is smoked and I have seen one of those in person and it look's much darker than it does in the pic.

Red95K1500

Reaction score
Dude, the truck does excellent on gas actually. For a 15 year old truck on 37's....it's damn good :imo: I got 16 mpg on a 6 hr trip on the highway while pulling my trailer @ about 75 mph..Now that I have 37's with 4.56's my RPM's have actually dropped a bit @ 75mph so Friday when I go to Alabama to get stuff done, I expect to get even better mileage than the 16mpg when I was on 35's. Who woulda thought bigger tires meant better fuel economy on the highway? I lost some take off torque but I gained top end speed and economy. It's ALL about the gearing you choose. 35's and 4.56's is great and it's great with 37's too.
wow suprising, mine is a 95 too and i just deleted the egr and going to the lake last weekend i got 17, but im back on 265s i only have them cause i got them at a steal.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Southern! Tint your ****! tails and all wtf are you thinking... Everything else is blacked out why wouldnt you at least slightly smoke them?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tloud Hahaha calm down bro! I've been thinking about it but the thing is with my truck is I've got a heavy black/red theme going on and the tails and 3rd right now are obviously red so it all flows together. Not necessarily going murdered out, but I like to keep everything black or red with tiny hints of chrome, like the wheels, bowtie, grille, and tips.

DRAGGIN95, I just now noticed it is smoked! Looked clear originally :hmm: I've been thinking about doing the tinted tails and 3rd but I'd want a light tint, nothing too drastic. Haha I'm running out of things to do but I know they'd look good like that! I've gotten kind of stuck on this stylin trucks website. There's lots of cool little things like side of bed toolboxes that would be great for work to hold chainsaw/trimmer.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That one is awesome! It's about twice as much as all the others as well.
96k1500, did you have to do any modification or is it bolt on? Wondering the same for LED tails. Also man, what's your name? So I don't have to keep addressing you by your username.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
3rd brake light and led tails are plug n play and direct bolt in, if you want me to post some night pics with them lit up I can, and my name is Danny, its in my sig lol

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
griffin just do what i did. i bought a can of vht night shades did one pass on all three lughts and now mine are more of a dark red. they arnt black black but you can tell they arnt stock. it will look great on your truck. i also masked off where the clear squares are on the tails so i had 100% back up still