soon to be new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Thank you for changing your mind and correcting your false info ->there is no way an allison would hold up to the hp/ tq the new fords are making, and they will barley hold a dmax with a small tuner...

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So basically bro came in to say exactly what I expected to be said???? My point is if your building a hot rod you dont stop at engine work and just hope the STOCK drivetrain holds up.
wow your not listening, im not saying that all fords are the best, im saying that around here, fords are the ones that needed the least amount of tranny work, are you just trying to be annoying? We are saying that if you put a programmer and exhaust for more pulling power and get up and go, (with out going to far in to the engine), The ford has the best tranny, yes the allison will hold for a while but it cant take that much abuse, we are not saying a full out truck that is pushing 1000hp can use a stock tranny, just ones that the normal person would have for pulling trailers and some racing wear and tare would be best off with the ford since it will take the abuse.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm I have two friends with Cummins, one has a manual, and one has an auto.

The Manual trans has been replaced 5 times, getting ready for the 6th.

The auto has gone out once and built once and is holding strong.

"So quit trying to be a hard ass know it all older guy and just listen."
Really? "Just listen"? Sounds like you're the one trying to be the know it all.
wtf, that must be a stock auto, or already built, and the other guy must not know how to drive, our cousins has only burnt out the clutches (to much hp, had to get a bigger clutch to hold it, and now theres something else going out on it, but this is the first... i dont think were trying to be know it alls, we are just stating what is right. i have never heard of people with a tuned powerstoke needing a tranny, headstuds yes, but never a tranny, i have nver head of anyone going through that many manual trannies in a cummins, auto yes, but not manual, must have got a lemon, or just cant freaking drive, and i dont know of anyone around here with much more the an edge on a stock allison tranny, heck a guy around here has a 1000+hp dmax,straight puller, im pretty sure he also has a allison, but its about a $10,000 built one with the stock casing

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for changing your mind and correcting your false info ->there is no way an allison would hold up to the hp/ tq the new fords are making, and they will barley hold a dmax with a small tuner...
... i do believe your the one saying allisons are god....

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm I have two friends with Cummins, one has a manual, and one has an auto.

The Manual trans has been replaced 5 times, getting ready for the 6th.

The auto has gone out once and built once and is holding strong.

"So quit trying to be a hard ass know it all older guy and just listen."
Really? "Just listen"? Sounds like you're the one trying to be the know it all.
Im not, you want me to be a smart all know it all, ill be like you and balzer, im saying that he is just saying that we are wrong with sharing what we have heard. Yea your friends manual trans has had to be replaced, but our cousin's manual cummins has 220k miles and a smarty and he hasnt had to replace it but the other guy with the automatic and a programmer has put in 4 or 5 different transmissions. And he was saying oh your a smartass know it all litlle kid, like all the older guys say when they are trying to look big a tough but they really dont know that the younger kids have researched this and read a ton of reviews and stuff on it.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Just to clairify, my first post on this thread was a friendly tounge in cheek version of my opinion (figured my choice of a GM on a GM forum would be more popular)
And some kid come in trash talking the GM transmission and threw out false info! The thread was started by a proud new owner of said transmission, and I didnt want him thinking his transmission was garbage. I really dislike false info its like a plauge. Now that the kid has come around to the true"er" side of the debate I am happy.

Squeaky3, Im sorry your thread has ended up this way, but rest assured your transmission will handle a lot more than a small tuner. Its a very nice truck you got there.

Kansas_Burb

Reaction score
i dont think were trying to be know it alls, we are just stating what is right.

You're stating the experience you and/or others have experienced, not what is right.

I can almost guarantee that you say this on multiple diesel forums you will get different answers and experiences.

You are being hypocritical by saying that.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok, you have me confuesed, you said somethign about chevy being the best, and somewehre you mentioned somehting about back in 01, and the allison is the best... and somewhere you agreed with me then called me a dumbass and said i was stating flase facts... i thing you read it wrong somewhere alone the line...

Kansas_Burb

Reaction score
Im not, you want me to be a smart all know it all, ill be like you and balzer, im saying that he is just saying that we are wrong with sharing what we have heard. Yea your friends manual trans has had to be replaced, but our cousin's manual cummins has 220k miles and a smarty and he hasnt had to replace it but the other guy with the automatic and a programmer has put in 4 or 5 different transmissions. And he was saying oh your a smartass know it all litlle kid, like all the older guys say when they are trying to look big a tough but they really dont know that the younger kids have researched this and read a ton of reviews and stuff on it.

Sorry, but you don't tell someone to "just listen" unless you're an expert in this field, and judging by your past replies I don't think you are.

Kansas_Burb

Reaction score
Yea your friends manual trans has had to be replaced, but our cousin's manual cummins has 220k miles and a smarty and he hasnt had to replace it but the other guy with the automatic and a programmer has put in 4 or 5 different transmissions.

This further proves the point that people have different experiences.