Soft brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I have had more luck gravity bleeding brakes than doing the pump the brakes and turning the bleed valve.

Reaction score
I have had more luck gravity bleeding brakes than doing the pump the brakes and turning the bleed valve.
So just open bleeder? And for how long on each wheel? I'e bleed this truck several times and no luck. Bout to the point of doing the swap but funds is a little low right now. Thanks

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still what about the abs? Seen where you have to have a scan tool to bleed properly

The scanner has an option to cycle the internal valves in the ABS unit to purge the air. It takes maybe thirty seconds. After that, you would do the bleed at all four corners since the air that was in the ABS unit was purged into the brake lines.

A shop did it for me, including a pressure bleed at all corners, for about $70. Took maybe ten minutes tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
So just open bleeder? And for how long on each wheel? I'e bleed this truck several times and no luck. Bout to the point of doing the swap but funds is a little low right now. Thanks

If the old fluid is dirty, it's very easy. Suck all the nasty fluid out of the master cylinder and fill with fresh. Put a pan under the wheel and loosen the bleeder to get a good drip. After a while, it will be obvious when clean fluid starts to drip, and then you know you have gotten all the old fluid (and any air) out