smoothest bedliner for interior, or other options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Also, the last time I did this to a truck, the cab was LOUD and hot. Yer gonna wanna insulate the floor with somethin.
You could also go this route; vinyl flooring from summit or sumbody.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep it's going to be loud and hot....

I would consider POR 15 and then insulate and carpet over that.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i might pad it again, but the problem being that when it does get wet its a pain in the ass, right now i have blocks of wood under the padding with the carpet pulled back because it got wet form the door not sealing right, and over time it has made the floor start to form rust bubbles

plan is to wire wheel/flap wheel the rust bubbles away and coat the floor with something

i dont dd my 97 any more, hell i have barely put 450 miles on it since i got my dmax, and its getting a sas probably next summer at this rate so it will be my offroad rig

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Look up lizard skins. They claim to have a roll on heat and sound deadner and then a roll on liner. That may do the trick

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've never used lizard skin, but I have heard good things about it. IIRC you have to use a special gun, but I think a 'shutz' gun is the same idea. From my experience though, a Shutz gun produces a textured finish. But that is a bit smoother than a regular bedliner finish.
I think a bit of texture is good. If the truck's gonna end up being a weekend warrior, well, when the footwells get filled with the 'stuff' your wheelin' in, that bit of texture will help plant your feet when manouvering over the next obstacle. Smooth, to me, would be like putting 'Armour All' on the stock rubber flooring. Textured would probably wash out just as easy as smooth.
Fire up that pressure washer!

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
I've never used lizard skin, but I have heard good things about it. IIRC you have to use a special gun, but I think a 'shutz' gun is the same idea. From my experience though, a Shutz gun produces a textured finish. But that is a bit smoother than a regular bedliner finish.
I think a bit of texture is good. If the truck's gonna end up being a weekend warrior, well, when the footwells get filled with the 'stuff' your wheelin' in, that bit of texture will help plant your feet when manouvering over the next obstacle. Smooth, to me, would be like putting 'Armour All' on the stock rubber flooring. Textured would probably wash out just as easy as smooth.
Fire up that pressure washer!

Hey Al,
Where do you recommend getting neoprene, or closed cell foam?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
We have a chain of stores around here called 'The Foam Shoppe'. They sell foam for mattresses, cushions, pillows, & for camping.
I have bought off of ebay, too.
One of my supplier sells it too, but it's a special order for the thickness that I like to use (1/8")