SLUGGISH PERFORMACE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have notice that i have realy bad throttle responce and power,my buddy has the same motor 350 tbi in hes tahoe and it kills me every time racing.I lose power in the high rpms range and low i think.I did the turn up cap, plugs, wires the works and a new egr too.I think i have a bad fuel pump or some esle going out.I have a 94 k2500 suburban 350tbi 4l80 trans no codes no mods exctp single tube exhuast 2.5 piping to the y pipe,I have no idea what could be wrong so tell me what yall think thanks alot.

Fleeingpepper

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
He probably has the 4l60e and lower gearing. The 4l80e is heavier than the 4l60e so it takes more power to get it going.
I think..Oh and maybe seafoam it. :p

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would also most likely have to do with the fact that he most likely has a much lighter vehicle.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i know that this motor has more in it that what am getting.I trying to find a throttle body space for alittle more power ,but am thinking am have fuel problem when i step on it it bogs alittle and then it will go.Fuel pump or injecters?fuel filter is new so i know thats not it what in the world counld it be.???????????:hmm:

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3/4 ton Suburban vs. 1/2 ton tahoe = unless you do some serious work to your motor that tahoe is gonna beat you.

Your power problem could be anything. Does it just seem to have a hesitation or does it seem like it almost quits?

71 cuda man

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
a bog when you floor it usually means to much gas.you said you just changed plugs,I'd pull one & see what it looks like.I'd also check the timing just remember to disconnect engine from ecm.If they're both fine Rado90s Ultimate TBI mods is a good read also.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its realy hesitation and it should have more power than that with 410 gears,it should booging.Exhuast maybe restricting?i am going to try to some sea form torrommow to see what that will do.But still tell me what yall still think or is just what the old white turd has to give for power(what should the timing be at when the timing plug is unpluged) i have it at 2dergees now and then when i plug it back in its goes to 10 dergees is this comon or a problems thanks alot

71 cuda man

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Timing is set at 0 degrees when unplugged.As to where the ecm advances it,every engine it different if your vaccum is good & you don't have detonation &/or vavle chatter don,t worry to much where computer sets it.If you set timing to 0 you should be at 6-8 degrees which should be fine

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4L60E has a 3.06 first gear while the 4L80E has a 2.48 first gear. Couple that with the extra weight and that explains why you're getting spanked.