Why is my 1995 running so sluggish?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Can the data stream from obd1 be graphed? When looking at older vehicles I'm a little leery of obd1, just because of diagnostics. Everything I currently have is obd2 or carb/points.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can the data stream from obd1 be graphed? When looking at older vehicles I'm a little leery of obd1, just because of diagnostics. Everything I currently have is obd2 or carb/points.
Graphed and Histogram average tables. The early stuff had really slow data stream. 1 round of data every 1.2 seconds. However the later TPI, LT1 and 91+ trucks with electronic transmissions like the 4L60E and 4L80E had much faster data baud rates. 160 baud vs 8192 baud
Here are some screen shots of what WinALDL gathered. Over the course of an hour drive there was enough data to dial in fuel and spark tables.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I have the sense that I ruffled some feathers on this site when pretty-much every post I made was "check fuel pressure, connect a scan tool and look at the data stream--verify every sensor..." But working on computer-controlled vehicles without being able to interrogate the computer is two steps away from hopeless.

I think it has more to do with your approach, than the advice given.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can the data stream from obd1 be graphed? When looking at older vehicles I'm a little leery of obd1, just because of diagnostics.
Here's an example of TunerPro RT data logging on my 88 1227747 (160 baud) before I upgaded to the EBL (8192).
You must be registered for see images attach