Slam Air lift kit with a DJM Notch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Hay

Reaction score
Anyone use a slam air kit with a DJM Notch? The instructions say the bracket will bolt into a Bell-Tech notch mounting holes, but I have a DJM notch. They're tech line said they're were 16 calls ahead of me so I might try calling them again later, but was wondering if anyone had personal experience with it. Going on my 2000 CC short bed. 5/7 drop

You must be registered for see images attach

Dan Hay

Reaction score
What’s the part number for the slam air kit your going with??
Slam Air 59202... but it did NOT fit, but I made it work.. keep reading.

This is the only pic I took. So.... I don't know what's up with my truck, but this bracket would not fit between the frame and the brake drum... so that count's it out immediately. (I really should call air lift tech and figure out why, but I made it work) In addition, the bracket for the Bags is for a Bell-tech notch, and WILL NOT bolt up to a DJM notch. So, I slid the hole unit back towards the rear bumper, flipped the bracket upside down and drilled new holes in the frame. The bottom bag bracket does not hook to the flip kit, it is just clamped to the spring. If this install looks shady, you might be right, although I've been driving it like this for weeks and all is well. In fact, with 5 psi in the bags, the truck rides much better, it was too bouncy before, and this adds stability. I haven't hauled a heavy load yet, but I can't see why there will be an issue.

For the record, my truck is a 2000 crew cab short bed, 5/7 DJM drop, with 1" lift shackles in the rear, and the air lift Slam Air 59202 WOULD NOT FIT in the correct location, there is not enough room between the brake drum and frame. What you see below is me "making it work".

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember having any difficulty with the notch or the drum, but maybe I'm just old.....mine was a long bed and dually, not sure if that matters.
I'd definitely reach out to Air Lift and let them know, according to their website that p/n is compatible.