Slack and play in the wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
97 k1500. Changed idler and pitman all ball joints and tie rod ends also sway bar end links and the gear box. No more rag joint, running the flaming river u joint. When I jack up the truck and grab the wheel(actual wheel) and move left to right it I have play in it which is very noticeable when driving. Any suggestions?

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Upper or Lower ball joints? Next could be the bushings in the control arms.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

2001ZR2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes wheel hubs can have some play in them and people have reported issue with rebuilt gear boxes if I recall correctly.

Did you look at the center link to see if it was still good? Possible the holes are enlarged or to use a technical term Wallowered out

AirMdwn

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im would think that by process of elimination, the only thing left would be the control arm bushings. Or, the hub bearings are bad.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im would think that by process of elimination, the only thing left would be the control arm bushings. Or, the hub bearings are bad.
Didn’t think it was the hub bc the whole center link moved when I shake the tires

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where does the movement stop?

Was the idler arm bracket replaced and what brand steering gear box was used?

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Sometimes wheel hubs can have some play in them and people have reported issue with rebuilt gear boxes if I recall correctly.

Did you look at the center link to see if it was still good? Possible the holes are enlarged or to use a technical term Wallowered out
I thought I was the only one who said wollered out:D