Skid Plates??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Guys, my truck never had any skid plates. Just the plastic splash guard behind the bumper.

I know some trucks came with those splash guards in Aluminum, But what years? What models?

I recently found and installed the transfer case skid plate in aluminum, but did GM ever have a skid plate for the front differential in Aluminum? I know the 99-06 models did, but unless I install a back cross brace, they don't fit properly.

I'd like to get a complete set for my truck. Thanks for any ideas.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Z71 trucks had the diff skid an yes it was aluminum. There is a bracket for it to.

The aluminum front plate is on any 88-94 4x4 model...

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Thanks, Now I got more to search for at the local yards.

But My truck is a 94 and it has a plastic front plate. Guess I will have to search for the older trucks

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Now I got more to search for at the local yards.

But My truck is a 94 and it has a plastic front plate. Guess I will have to search for the older trucks

:shrug: maybe yours is a late 94 after they had ran out of the metal ones already? It took me forever to find one, it was on an 88. With all the looking I did I never saw one on a 95+. They were always plastic...

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
:shrug: maybe yours is a late 94 after they had ran out of the metal ones already? It took me forever to find one, it was on an 88. With all the looking I did I never saw one on a 95+. They were always plastic...

That's interesting, my 94 also had the plastic front plate. 97 as well. Identical, just made from aluminum eh?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score

MY build date is 3/94, so I guess it could be a later version. I haven't seen any pre 93's in the yards lately and all the 94+ are plastic.

The 93 I grabbed the transfer case plate from had a plow on it, the front plate had been removed because of it.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MY build date is 3/94, so I guess it could be a later version. I haven't seen any pre 93's in the yards lately and all the 94+ are plastic.

The 93 I grabbed the transfer case plate from had a plow on it, the front plate had been removed because of it.

That's about the middle of the model year run, no telling when they swapped over. I just checked every 4x4 I saw at the pull a part till I found one :rofl: