Skee needs some help with an SAS...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
And if I have a 6" lift on the truck now, but drop the trac bars, and flip the shackles, I will probably have to adjust something with some blocks or something to even it out with the lift on the front, right?

and as for the steering, is it absolute that I need the Hi Steer?

You must be registered for see images attach

I understand what it does, but is anyone running without it and having problems?

crossover with a track bar you need, high steer you don't need unless you are worried about hitting the center link on a rock or something like that

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Not worried about high steer for now. Not going to be going to rough on it. To start off I might not even have matching 8 lug and 6 lug. That is until I swap the rear. Mine is going to be a really budgeted build haha High steer might come along later down the road when I switch to a D60 or break this setup.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Just something to bear in mind if you use the ORD or ORU kit both add 3" lift even with stock springs. So with say BDS 2.5" springs on either kit you would have a 5.5" lift so you could leave your rear end as is. your rear would actually be .5" higher then front.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes 52's add some inches and lifted 52's add more, as well as the hangers up front adding inches.

I think he meant 2.5 lift 47's maybe.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yeah I think I am pretty much going to mimic 88GMCTrucks setup on the springs up front, running the custom 52" packs, minus the fact I won't have the weight of his 454 and I'm going with a Ford D44. So after I do the front I can figure the amount of lift I will need for the back. I think I will just drop the trac bars, leave the overloads and flip the shackles at least, then see what that leaves me at.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Okay. Idk if you caught the part that this isn't happening til I get back from deployment next summer at the latest. But my whole lift will be up for grabs. I would like to sell it as a whole when I do, but we will see what happens.