Single din Non flip out DVD head units

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have one? Used one?
I have a jensen touch screen unit that was awesome for 6 months, then the touch input started only working half the time.
I like the look of the JVC KD-AVX77.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
personally i would stay away from jenson, jvc, cheapo brands, stick with kenwood, pioneer, alpine, maybe sony idk if the make one, i know pioneer had a badass one a while back, the 2013 CES show just ended everyone should have some dope stuff hitting the shelves soon

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like my flip up, just wish the touch input worked ok.
Anyone used the kenwood, alpine, pioneer ones with long term good results?

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a pioneer . Was going on 5 years no problem until someone stole it. :( it was a 7" flip out.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a pioneer . Was going on 5 years no problem until someone stole it. :( it was a 7" flip out.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Which model?
I have a Clarion flip touch screen that I have had in my truck for the past 6 years and is still working fine. I am looking to go back to a pioneer flip out touch screen with iPhone control in the next month or two.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
personally i would stay away from jenson, jvc, cheapo brands, stick with kenwood, pioneer, alpine, maybe sony idk if the make one, i know pioneer had a badass one a while back, the 2013 CES show just ended everyone should have some dope stuff hitting the shelves soon

have you personally owned a jensen? i bought a flipout jensen unit from walmart and it worked great the whole time i had it, sold it to my brother in law and it still worked great he sold it to his friend and it still works great. 300 for a 7inch flipout isnt "cheapo"

jvc decks arent bad units either. i havent owned a jvc screen but we have owned multiple jvc decks no problems

h3ooo

Reaction score
I just got the clarion nv401 and it is junk. Too long to sit flush in the dash, interface sucks, touch is laggy, Bluetooth is ok. I bought it more for the reverse camera but I wish I saved up and bought a double din with the detailss kit.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Jensen JDV8035 that I used in a while in the 91 I had it mounted under the seat and used a marine controler in the ashtray. It worked really well for me now its in my 05. Sticks out a bit but its fine untill I get a double din for that truck.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have you personally owned a jensen? i bought a flipout jensen unit from walmart and it worked great the whole time i had it, sold it to my brother in law and it still worked great he sold it to his friend and it still works great. 300 for a 7inch flipout isnt "cheapo"

jvc decks arent bad units either. i havent owned a jvc screen but we have owned multiple jvc decks no problems

Mine is currently a jensen flip out and the touch input only works 50% of the time. Its my second one in a year and they both did this. I think the constant flipping out affects the units cables. I want a DD so bad, but I'm still not a huge fan of the Detailss kit.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm running a boss dvd in 2 of my trucks with no issues. 1 is 6 months and the other is over a year without any problems.