SIlverado or Scottsdale? How to tell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CapnDean

Reaction score
Greetings:

I have recently purchased a 1992 Chevrolet C3500 Extended Cab Dually. I am having a great time restoring it. As I move from one project to the next I am learning a bunch but there is one thing that I cannot seem to figure out.

When I search for parts online, at Oreillys, Advanced auto and places like that, I am always asked: "Is your truck a Scottsdale?" I am never asked if it is a Silverado.

The VIN decoder does not tell me. None of the RPO codes specify scottsdale or silverado as far as I can tell.

The truck has Silverado badging behind the doors, BUT: This truck was repainted before and there have been multiple changes that I have found.

It is clear that this truck started life as an RV (Camper Special) - It has the TP2 Dual battery set up and some kind of serious cooler ( its electric and I am not sure if it helps the AC or the Manual Trans) in front of the radiator.

It wouldnt surpise me if somewhere along the line somebody stuck silverado badges on a scottsdale - but.... Anybody know a sure fire way to tell?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Greetings:

I have recently purchased a 1992 Chevrolet C3500 Extended Cab Dually. I am having a great time restoring it. As I move from one project to the next I am learning a bunch but there is one thing that I cannot seem to figure out.

When I search for parts online, at Oreillys, Advanced auto and places like that, I am always asked: "Is your truck a Scottsdale?" I am never asked if it is a Silverado.

The VIN decoder does not tell me. None of the RPO codes specify scottsdale or silverado as far as I can tell.

The truck has Silverado badging behind the doors, BUT: This truck was repainted before and there have been multiple changes that I have found.

It is clear that this truck started life as an RV (Camper Special) - It has the TP2 Dual battery set up and some kind of serious cooler ( its electric and I am not sure if it helps the AC or the Manual Trans) in front of the radiator.

It wouldnt surpise me if somewhere along the line somebody stuck silverado badges on a scottsdale - but.... Anybody know a sure fire way to tell?
Did you try going straight to GM? They have a phone number as well, but couldn't find that in the time I've got now, but the site below might help.

https://www.genuinegmparts.com/resources/vin-lookup

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CapnDean

Reaction score
EAST302 Thank you! - The heritage page indicated YE9 RPO code as Silverado package. My RPO decoder simply called it YE9 convenience group.