Signal Mirrors for 95-00 GMT400's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well just as the title reads I been looking for a while for a LED turn signal kit of some sort for these type of mirrors (NO LUCK). Muth signal mirror CO. doesn't carry them or any other maker. So I found these on Ebay $11.99 and got to thinking maybe I can make my own.
You must be registered for see images attach

If you are wondering what mirrors it's these set of mirrors below

I started with removing the glass very carefully not to break the glass it popped right off!!!

Next the glass needed to be removed from the backing plate, with the HEAT here in TEXAS it was easy!! (the adhesive was warm already LOL)
I noticed the glass sit flushed with the backing plate so the backing plate had to be cut out to accommodate the LED arrow signal cause the instruction from the signal arrows said to put behind the glass but they are a little bulky so the glass wouldn't sit flush to the backing plate so it was cut out in the shape of the arrow.

Next I mounted the signal arrows to a plastic piece and apoxy it to the backing plate so no light would show thru

Opxy the mirror back on the front of the backing plate and tested the arrow signals Not a good pic but none the less it was daylight out!!

I didn't like the wire the arrow signals came with so I put thicker wire I ran the wire thru the mirror like the factory wire runs thru and thru the door jam rubber boot and up the dash to connect to the L & R signal wires. Mount the mirror and BAM i got signal mirrors!!! I love them (sorry for the crappy pics but better ones to come soon)

Let me know what ya'll think thanks!!!

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Nice write up, I have seen these kits installed before on different vehicles. Makes for an OEM looking install for sure. I am contemplating doing up a spare set of mirrors to swap on the truck, and put in a high output downward puddle light as well as a front facing signal in amber. Since I have wire run to the rear of the truck already for amber turn signals ( going to connect to the cluster wiring ) it's no big deal to add on a couple more wires to the mirrors.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My question is, why just 95-00? This would work on any 400 man!

I believe the title is written that way because of the style of mirrors necessary to do it. Yes you could do this on a pre '95 truck, but you'd have to buy a set of the '95+ mirrors.

EDIT - For grammatical truck-ups.

Last edited:

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice write up, I have seen these kits installed before on different vehicles. Makes for an OEM looking install for sure. I am contemplating doing up a spare set of mirrors to swap on the truck, and put in a high output downward puddle light as well as a front facing signal in amber. Since I have wire run to the rear of the truck already for amber turn signals ( going to connect to the cluster wiring ) it's no big deal to add on a couple more wires to the mirrors.

Sounds good you should go for it I bet it would look nice and bright also!!

Last edited:

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My question is, why just 95-00? This would work on any 400 man!

Cause that style mirror there were no signal kits for. Till someone on ebay started selling these arrow style leds. Muth Mirror Company sells for all sort of mirror styles but not the 88-99 long mirror style so I fabricated my own and thought I would post so others can get an Idea on how they can do it. And yes to any style mirror GMT400!! Next to get LED signal arrows are my 454ss sport mirrors!!

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is awesome wildman! I have a ? You said you wire to left & right in dash but where exactly? I wonder if this is possible with street scene mirrors

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is awesome wildman! I have a ? You said you wire to left & right in dash but where exactly? I wonder if this is possible with street scene mirrors
Thanks 1sickcrewcab 1. Find the bundle of wires just to the left and below the steering column (it's the harness from the turn signal lever). You may need to remove a plastic wire sheath. Locate the
Light Blue wire. Turn the ignition key so that electrical power is on and activate the driver side turn indicator. Probe the Light
Blue wire to verify that flashing turn indicator power is present. Deactivate the turn indicator and depress the brake to make sure
you have not located the rear turn wire. Label that wire as front, DRIVER SIDE TURN.
2. Locate the Dark Blue wire and activate the passenger side turn indicator. Probe the Dark Blue wire to verify that flashing turn
indicator power is present. Deactivate the turn indicator and depress the brake to make sure you have not located the rear turn
wire. Label that wire as front, PASSENGER SIDE TURN.
3. Make sure the arrow signal wires are routed securely under the dash and enough slack is left for splicing. Strip and twist together the
ends of the black wires from each harness. Crimp them together in a ring connector and ground to a suitable nearby
location on the metal framework of the vehicle. I think Street Scene also sells just the mirrors with led signal arrows for their mirrors with wiring harness and all look at their website it should be listed. Good luck!!

I'll try to get a pic of that turn signal lever harness soon