Signal/cruise/ h-beam/wiper/washer control help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's the same, but I had a '89 celebrity in high school with the same problem except the torn signal switch was bead too. I had to pull the steering wheel to replace the everything. The lever just pulls straight out, but don't yank to hard our you will break the cruise wires. Advance had both of these in stock. The 88-94 steering column looks almost identical to the old celebrity one. I wouldn't doubt that the switches are the same. It's not a fun job to do. You will also learn that stealing an early Chevy only requires a Philips screw driver, a flat head screw driver,and a hammer.

Sent from ®obland

they are a saginaw column, pretty much the same since 1973 all the way to 1994.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
OK a couple questions....
I took the wiper motor unit apart yesterday and put it back together nice and clean and it solved the wiper operation problem. Where in this unit do I find the washer switch? I want to mess with it.
So when I twist the lever to turn on the washers my wipers go but no spray?
sounds like the pump quit, it is in the washer fluid tub.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I got pissed last night and pulled it all apart again 3rd time, sprayed the circuit board with cleaner and scraped up everything with a wire brush and now its all working perfectly! What a janky wiper motor unit.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I got pissed last night and pulled it all apart again 3rd time, sprayed the circuit board with cleaner and scraped up everything with a wire brush and now its all working perfectly! What a janky wiper motor unit.

Actually, when you think about it: 20 odd years of use, vibration, heat, corrosion and dirt and all it takes to get it working again is a good cleaning isn't that "janky" at all.....

:)

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Yea I guess, but I suspect it gave the PO problems since the screw holes on the plastic cover were broken! It looked like it had been opened before

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
What is the small box above the trans dipstick? I see 2 ground wires on it but what that box they screw in to for?
You must be registered for see images attach