Signal/cruise/ h-beam/wiper/washer control help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
The electronics in my lever (pictured) have gone bad, started smoking a little. Cruise works, h-beam works, signals work. Washer does not work, wipers turn on but not controllable. I have research this a whole lot and have found little to no information on this part and cannot find a replacement.
Can somebody show me how the lever comes out or disassembles because I can't figure it out and its not in the book. If I can just unscrew the lever I can maybe, if I am lucky, find one in the jy. Please give me as much info/write ups as possible and links to any replacement parts. Thank you.
You must be registered for see images attach

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Reps given! Thanks that was helpful, I took apart the wiper motor and cleaned it all up with electrical cleaner and the wipers function perfectly! However, my windshield washer motor does not turn on with the wipers when I use the mist function. The wipers work, but no mist. I checked the connector with a volt meter. I have continuity but only about 8 volts are flowing to the connector when I use the mist function. I wired the sprayer motor to the battery and it worked. Can anybody give me advise? Do you think it could still be the signal lever? I am lost.

cjcarlin

Reaction score
The only electronics in your turn signal lever is the switch for the cruise control. To remove it you twist it about 1/4 turn and pull it out of the wiper switch. The wiper switch is a separate component. The washer switch is part of the wiper switch. If your having problems with your wipers, most likely your problem is the circuit board on the wiper motor. The original ones were notorious for causing all kinds of crazy wiper issues. There was even a recall on some model years.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My model doesn't have that circuit board. I think I'm gonna try the lever replacement!

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's the same, but I had a '89 celebrity in high school with the same problem except the torn signal switch was bead too. I had to pull the steering wheel to replace the everything. The lever just pulls straight out, but don't yank to hard our you will break the cruise wires. Advance had both of these in stock. The 88-94 steering column looks almost identical to the old celebrity one. I wouldn't doubt that the switches are the same. It's not a fun job to do. You will also learn that stealing an early Chevy only requires a Philips screw driver, a flat head screw driver,and a hammer.

Sent from ®obland

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
OK a couple questions....
I took the wiper motor unit apart yesterday and put it back together nice and clean and it solved the wiper operation problem. Where in this unit do I find the washer switch? I want to mess with it.
So when I twist the lever to turn on the washers my wipers go but no spray?