Signal arrows stuck on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bagginzy

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have a 1997 GMC K1500 and I just replaced all my exterior lights with LEDs. I got an electronic flasher and all, but I'm having a problem. when I put in LED tail lights everything continued to work fine. But after I put in my parking lights (I just replaced all the 1157 bulbs; I didn't replace the actual parking light assemblies), they started acting funny. they're Cree projector bulbs and they look nice but after I turned on my headlights I noticed that the arrows on the dash are stuck on. As in; the turn signal indicators are both on, not flashing, just glowing with the rest of the dash whenever I turn on my lights. But the turn signals still work, the hazards still work, it's just that now the arrows on the dash come on whenever the parking lights are emitting light. Also, the arrows will sometimes be dimmer when the lights aren't emitting full power, like when the parking lights are on. And lastly, random thing, but it only started happening after I replaced the bulbs-the door chime now sounds when I turn on my hazards. I was told I shouldn't need a resistor and that the electronic flasher I got should be all I need. Any thoughts on what's going on here?