sick of the glasspack pop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its 2.25" true duals no cats with shorty headers for everyones reference. but i'm thinking i'm gonna start with a h-pipe or have a shop weld a cross over in see if that does anything then i'll either move up to longer glass packs or some flow 10's if that doesn't help

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flows Dont flow, if your running stock cats and manifolds and pipes they're fine, anything else though they just restrict the flow, I traded out 2 of my flow 40's to a Magnaflow 18" with x-over in it. its probably about as loud as the 40's (its louder now but i took off the tailpipes and it dumps under the bed now) I would reccomend a longer glasspack (8" is really short) if you just have a single pipe or a muffler like my flowmaster if you are running duals
actually whats the part number for the magnaflow your running? your talking the ones with the built in x pipe? and how loud is it? cause i like it loud but good sounding

Ironroad9C1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glasspacks actually flow worse than flowmasters... if that is even possible, flows suck ass. Don't even bother installing pipe if you are not going to run at a min 2 1/2,, otherwise you are wasting your time and money.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dont buy a flow 10 its the same as a cb extreme. i have the cb dumped and ti sounds good. before i just had cat and a tip dumped. going to put 2 4inch tips on aftyer the muffler should make it sound even better

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
actually whats the part number for the magnaflow your running? your talking the ones with the built in x pipe? and how loud is it? cause i like it loud but good sounding
]
I forget the part number its a 2.5" di/do with the x-over in it i think its 18" chamber length, I wish i would have got the longer one though as its pretty loud, I have lt's and no cats, mandrel pipe

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
16 inch glasspacks...tone and it is still plenty loud. i had 12 inch on my truck and they were too snappy for me as well. 16 or 18's sound great. better tone than straight duals

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
16 inch glasspacks...tone and it is still plenty loud. i had 12 inch on my truck and they were too snappy for me as well. 16 or 18's sound great. better tone than straight duals

Whats the rest of your setup like?