Should I strip these moldings (comparison pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you guys on the color match stuff but im taking it easy financially right now on the truck...however I found my exact front bumper on craigs for $50 in perfect shape only all chrome never had molding so its smooth no holes where the molding would be im going to throw that on when i strip off the molding so at least I dont have that one strip left or a bunch of holes

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was going to strip mine off but it has grown on me. Ive seen a lot of them with the molding striped and they are nice but to me they start to look the same. The molding tends to set it apart from everyone else's in my opinon.

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to strip mine off but it has grown on me. Ive seen a lot of them with the molding striped and they are nice but to me they start to look the same. The molding tends to set it apart from everyone else's in my opinon.

Your truck looks great with it, i think it is because it compliments the silver / black on your rims...I thought that too that everyone has demolded but Ive actually never seen another truck here that way in person the only ones I have ever seen demolded are on this site haha so at least where I am from I think it would make it stand out even more :hmm:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
If the molding split the color it wouldnt be so bad but it is in the gold completely

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Damn right! Don't try to roll it all off with your thumb though haha I've heard the 3m "eraser wheel" makes it a breeze. Don't leave the chrome trim, none of it. Two tones are one of the best candidates to be completely debadged.

I completely agree. A two tone is screaming to be debadged. I'm torn on what to do with my truck....it's white.

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up a new bumper today that looks brand new from the factory its solid chrome never had molding so no holes across the front....do you guys think it will look weird though with that bumper on a de-molded truck i think it will look cleaner