Should I put these back on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently installed a body lift and now im trying to make it less noticeable. When I bought my truck it came with a set of steps but i took them off cause they were just in the way. Now im thinking they would help hide that hanging frame for now atleast until I get more money. what do you guys think? throw em on or keep em off? gap guards are in the works too so dont worry about that gap.

without
You must be registered for see images attach

with
You must be registered for see images attach

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
That's the bad thing about body lifts, they show EVERYTHING. I wouldn't put those steps back on though. Just spray paint the frame black, then get some black nerf bars or something.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I was thinking about nfabs later on down the road cause they cost a small fortune. problem with regular nerf bars is they still let you see alot of frame n hang low if you dont modify them. just was thinking these cause they are laying in my garage. they hook to the body so they wont hang. just not sure if these will be too grandpa style.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
If you just respray the frame black it helps a TON. I respray mine twice a year along with my fender wells and it looks like a new truck again.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its sprayed black right now, did it right after the pics were taken so thats ready to rock. just cant decide one way or the other on the steps..looks tougher without em tho

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks a lot better with them on i think, hides the frame well but nfabs would look the best