She's almost done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have a good eye for detail !!!!

Yeppersss !!!
It was a ***** getting things lined up and she's still off a hair or 2 so I told them to shoot her as she is.
The GMC grille I had looked like crap with the Billet Insert I had (lesson learned buy a 30 bar) plus those
headlight gaps were terrible so I decided to keep her all Chevy and bought a new Chevy grille.
The Chevy grille's inserts were painted black which is why you see the tape.

Last edited:

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
i dont know that i would have done that.. now you will have a different color on teh front edges of the fender, but i prefer driling pilot holes with an 1/8th inch drill bit, and then exploding a vehicle to paint it

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't say that I agree with spraying it with the grille still on myself. If that grille ever shifts for whatever reason, you'll see what didn't get sprayed. I'm interested in seeing the color in the sun.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL.....calm down guys

the fender edges were done with the inner doors and underside of the hood before installing the GMC grille that didn't fit right and looked like crap.
the rear of the new Chevy grille was shot with just a base coat after the inserts were shot in black and taped off.

no color variations on any edges or fenders

I'll be sure to post outdoor sunlight pics with close ups for all to see who's in doubt.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Carlisle is questionable.
It might be a little tough being there and not dipping in the new house fund which would definetly put me in the doghouse.
It would be nice to meet you guys though so I'm not totally ruling the trip out.

Last edited:

6d8muscle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn thing looks good! Glad to hear you cut things in first, you will get a much better job. I can wait to see it in the sun too!

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn thing looks good! Glad to hear you cut things in first, you will get a much better job. I can wait to see it in the sun too!

Thanks for the compliment 6d8muscle.
Funny you mentioned ** makes for a better job** because those were the exact words of choice that my painter used .
$2500 isn't much for a repaint on a truck these days and I honestly didn't expect it to turn out as well as it did.

Last edited: