Shaving Tails & Replace With LED Strips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I figured. It's basically the same, except up here every other cop seems to have hatred towards all of humanity and will try to get you a ticket just to make their day better. A lot of the time guys up here with them covers get dinged for it. But I guess I can just hope for the best! Besides, I plan on getting a phantom grille as well so I'm more likely to get a ticket for that than for anyting else :) thanks again!

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I bet the phantom would be a bigger attraction for the coppers.

Anything else I can do, just ask. :cool:

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha all right, thanks again for the assistance! Once I get the money rounded up and such for the necessary parts I'm sure I'll have a million more questions.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got another question :) Did you buy ones that were intended for a flush mount? If so, how thick is the lens? Also, the ones that are not intended for a flush mount, would I install them in the same manner and then just do the sanding and such as you stated?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes. Mine were meant to be flush mount. The lenses were probably 1/2" thick. I can't recall for sure since that was nearly 11 years ago, but they were fairly thick.

I don't know about the install on lights that weren't necessarily intended to be flush mount. I don't know what the differences are between them and lights like mine.