Seats/console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yes it is. i love the steamer at my shop as well. so many purposes. i actually did this yesterday where i was skiving and adding to a protoype seat and messed up a hair on glueing and adding in foam. took the steamer at it and it broke the glue free. the glue we use is relentless once its on its on. then another friend who was working there had to go out for a few hours, shirt all wrinled from it being in the bad so we hit it with the steamer. honestly if you can go watch womeone at an interior shop use a steamer on whatever they are doing its sorta interesting. materials like vinyl stertch so much youd think theyd rip a few million times before even getting it to the point that it is. yes you can also do interior and automotive carpet, dog and cat posts and beds to help clean then and make them a tad less smelly, the possibilities are endless.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Finally got the new seats and center console installed today......the person who i purchased the seats from said after a couple months of usage......the fabric on the seats will begin the get kinda loose.....so im going to need to steam them to "puff" them back up.....is this something im going to have to constantly do?.....ive never had freshly wrapped seats before so im just wondering what to expect
I went to check those with a buddy of mine, he wanted em for his truck. They were a good deal, i just didn't think the upholstery would last very long, ( i have had quite a few of those redone and never seen them as loose as seat covers) so he picked up my buckets i had for sale and we are getting then redone.
You may be able to have my upholstery guy remove those covers and glue the fabric down to make them last longer.
Did you get rid of that 60/40?
Let me know

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Actually, those seat covers are mostly attached with velcro, long plastic hooks, & only a few hog-rings. Easy to pull the covers off & check to see if the one side of the velcro was replaced on the new covers. It's a shortcut I've seen done. Some upholsterers seem to think that the fabric sticking outa the seams on the backside will stick to the velcro on the foam base. And it will. For a while. The seat will look good on the bench, but after a month or two of use, not so good.
These seats are also prone to the other side of the velcro tearing away from the foam base, too. Either one, or both of those things would cause loose fitting covers.
Gluing the covers to the foam will cause weird wear, 'caus the covers actually move a slight amount on the foam base. Mostly due to the foam base compressing when you sit on 'em, & from heat changes, too.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey chop i have some buckets that im giving away for free.....they are grey leather......and they have the usual worn out bottom cushions .....maybe you know somebody who wants them.?...

Last edited: