Seafoam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CinchUp

Reaction score
Just bought myself a can, anybody use this stuff before? Any tips or tricks? How you did it would be great. And also any resulting pros or cons. I know there are instructions on the back but just wanted to see what y'all find works best, or of its worth doing at all. Thanks

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see that your a vortec so this is how I do it and it get distributed equally. I jack up the right front up as high as I can and turn the valve cover vent tube upside down on the intake(the one that goes from the valve cover to the intake tube). I put a funnel in it and fire it up. I throttle up around 3000 rpm and start pouring in the funnel until it starts to die. I rev the engine and let it clear out and the pour again. I don't care for the method of using the brake booster line because it seems to not clean the front cylinders. The reason for jacking up just the right side is that the seafoam will just drain into the air filter otherwise.

97__Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only problem is its kind of hard to do it by yourself unless you can poor it and play with the throttle cable at the same time.

CinchUp

Reaction score
Much appreciated guys, did y'all notice any difference performance wise?

97__Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well just anything else that is supposed to make your truck have more power will make you think that it does. I doubt it did anything as for more power, but I did help smooth out the idle.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just grab a vaccum line as close to the center of the intake that I can and run about half to 3/4 of the bottle threw then pour the rest into the gas tank.
I have also used it in engine oil and it works great to clean it out but make sure to change the oil soon after running it in there. I run it anywhere from 100-500 miles then change.
They also have a new bottle with a spayer so you can spray into the air inlet.