SAS questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I bought a 98 K3500 standard cab a month ago with a COMPLETELY worn out front suspension with a Tuff Country 4" lift. I started collecting SAS parts, 89 Ford Dana 60, Offroad unlimited brackets, sky cross over etc.

My question is what do I do about my ABS? Do I just unplug the wheel sensors and leave it? I don't have problem not having it but will it cause any issues? That is pretty much my only hold up....other than a front driveline which shouldn't be too hard as my truck has a fixed yoke front out put.

I searched but, didn't find anything specific.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes you can just unplug your abs. I wondered the same thing and it works fine without the abs. Down the road i want to rip out all the abs crap though to make it look a little cleaner under the hood.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, unplug the bulb in the dash so it won't be a pesky annoyance every time you operate the vehicle.

For your D60, you can get tone rings and sensor mounts then machine your hub for the ring to be pressed onto, but in my humble opinion I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. But that's just me.

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for the info. I will eventually buy one of the dlux tone ring kits.

Do you guys know of a CV driveline that bolts up?

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for the info. I will eventually buy one of the dlux tone ring kits.

Do you guys know of a CV driveline that bolts up?

what do you have for a transfer case? if its a np243,you will have to change out the yoke on the front output. the electric shift motor wont allow for a beefy cv shaft.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
what do you have for a transfer case? if its a np243,you will have to change out the yoke on the front output. the electric shift motor wont allow for a beefy cv shaft.

he has a 1 ton, for his year they only had the borg warner case

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes it is the borg warner case with a fixed yoke....not a fixed flange. I am wondering if a 70's spicer style CV driveline will bolt up. Probably will have to wait and see or have to order one from Tom Woods or the driveshaft super store. Our local guy wants $350.00 + tax for a new one.

Wish you guys were closer and I'd sell it to ya!