SAS or NOT!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bama2door

Reaction score
Jason- I was in the same shoes as you last summer, I thought it would be awesome to do a SAS so I bought a Fabritech conversion kit and it is sitting in my closet. I just don't have the time and money to do one know and I'm going to wait till I get a job over the summer and start collecting parts for it and do it right.

But IMO, there's no way you can do a legit, not half assed SAS for the same price as what a 6" kit would be, there just wouldn't be any way. Wait it out, get a 6" be happy being lifted for awhile and then do a SAS later on down the road. I think you'll be much happier that way.

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's kinda what I"m leaning towards. Seems a RCX would be a good kit for DD and light off road. I don't beat my truck at all unless I have to.

Bama2door

Reaction score
I agree 100%...I'm actually taking my body lift off after my swampers wear down and going back to 285's and I'm gonna crank my keys down to level so it doesn't ride so rough...it'll suck not being lifted but I think I will love having power back and having a smooth ride again.

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swear my truck is a light duty 1500. It just seems sooo puny. Open rear diff, 3.42's(wtf), small ujoints, etc.

I wanna make it more manly lol

99COOP

Reaction score
Yea like Bama said your best to just go w/ an rcx, which is a great kit. Your not going to SAS for 1000, and you wont be happy with a poorly fabricated setup. Sometime down the road with proper funding and parts collecting you will be able to do it, just as i plan too!

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The costs you don't see are steering, front driveshaft and shocks and t-case unless you find a 78-79 F-250 D44.

The other items are whether or not you rebuild that 30 year old housing and parts and regearing as no ford axle came with 3.42's.